Here’s the January, 2014 list of Business Books Best Sellers (New York Times) – Lean In is Still #1
I presented my synopsis of Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg last April (2013) at the First Friday Book Synopsis, and many times since then. It is, again, and still, #1 on the New York Times Business Best Sellers List. Just amazing!
Here is the January, 2014 list of Business Books Best Sellers from the New York Times. Notice again the presence of “earlier” Malcolm Gladwell books. And, for some reason, they do not include his new book, David and Goliath, as a “business” book. (It is currently #2 on the Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers list).
Note: On this list of ten best sellers, we have presented synopses of 7 at the First Friday Book Synopsis in Dallas. I have presented synopses of: Lean In, Outliers, The Power of Habit, The Tipping Point, Steve Jobs, and The Everything Store. My colleague, Karl Krayer, has presented Thinking, Fast and Slow. You can purchase our synopses, with our comprehensive multi-page handouts and the audio of our presentations, at our companion web site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com. This is a good way to get a fast take on the key content of these best-selling books.
January, 2014 Business Books Best Sellers, New York Times
|LEAN IN, by Sheryl Sandberg.|
|OUTLIERS, by Malcolm Gladwell.|
|THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, by Jordan Belfort.|
|THINKING, FAST AND SLOW, by Daniel Kahneman.|
|JAB, JAB, JAB, RIGHT HOOK, by Gary Vaynerchuk.|
|THE POWER OF HABIT, by Charles Duhigg.|
|THE TIPPING POINT, by Malcolm Gladwell.|
|DUCK COMMANDERS, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach.|
|STEVE JOBS, by Walter Isaacson.|
|EVERYTHING STORE, by Brad Stone.|
No comments yet.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events
• Sales Bootcamp
February 12 & 13 — 9am – 4pm
$2,500 per person
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
High Profile Staffing – Hiring Excellence
If you want a “staffing” company, we can refer you. If you want a business partner, who is invested in your success, we should talk.
(Here’s an interview with Bronwyn Allen, President of High Profile).
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- RT @repjohnlewis: 55 years ago today, I was arrested for the first time for protesting segregated lunch counters in downtown Nashville. htt… 2 hours ago
- RT @conradhackett: US: Gun deaths are expected to exceed car deaths in 2015 theatlantic.com/technology/arc… http://t.co/ihEz1ikMtt 2 hours ago
- Create and Host your Own Mini-Seminar, with Synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com: wp.me/pmm68-9zf 9 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 4 days ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 4 weeks ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 4 weeks ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- A Brief History of Big Data Everyone Should Read bobmorris.biz/a-brief-histor… 20 hours ago
- Ellen Langer on the Value of Mindfulness in Business bobmorris.biz/ellen-langer-o… 20 hours ago
- How to Harness the Power of Discovery bobmorris.biz/how-to-harness… 20 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 890,020 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want
- Vaden’s Unique Approach to Managing Time Deserves Attention
- A Tidy-Up Book Cleans Up on the Best-Seller List
- Sometimes it Takes a Well-Timed, Well-Placed Encounter with a Two-By-Four
- The Newest Business Book on the Brain