Here’s the January, 2014 list of Business Books Best Sellers (New York Times) – Lean In is Still #1
I presented my synopsis of Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg last April (2013) at the First Friday Book Synopsis, and many times since then. It is, again, and still, #1 on the New York Times Business Best Sellers List. Just amazing!
Here is the January, 2014 list of Business Books Best Sellers from the New York Times. Notice again the presence of “earlier” Malcolm Gladwell books. And, for some reason, they do not include his new book, David and Goliath, as a “business” book. (It is currently #2 on the Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers list).
Note: On this list of ten best sellers, we have presented synopses of 7 at the First Friday Book Synopsis in Dallas. I have presented synopses of: Lean In, Outliers, The Power of Habit, The Tipping Point, Steve Jobs, and The Everything Store. My colleague, Karl Krayer, has presented Thinking, Fast and Slow. You can purchase our synopses, with our comprehensive multi-page handouts and the audio of our presentations, at our companion web site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com. This is a good way to get a fast take on the key content of these best-selling books.
January, 2014 Business Books Best Sellers, New York Times
|LEAN IN, by Sheryl Sandberg.|
|OUTLIERS, by Malcolm Gladwell.|
|THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, by Jordan Belfort.|
|THINKING, FAST AND SLOW, by Daniel Kahneman.|
|JAB, JAB, JAB, RIGHT HOOK, by Gary Vaynerchuk.|
|THE POWER OF HABIT, by Charles Duhigg.|
|THE TIPPING POINT, by Malcolm Gladwell.|
|DUCK COMMANDERS, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach.|
|STEVE JOBS, by Walter Isaacson.|
|EVERYTHING STORE, by Brad Stone.|
No comments yet.
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJuly 10th, 20156 days to go.
First Friday Book Synopsis (on the SECOND Friday in July) - July 10, 2015Friday, July 10, 2015 ⋅ FFBS only (online sales): $29.00 ⋅ FFBS only (Harvard Business School Club of Dallas): $29.00
- what, exactly, are people supposed to be afraid of now? A same-sex married couple with affordable health insurance? nytimes.com/2015/07/05/opi… 14 minutes ago
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring - (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident - Yes, We Do!): wp.me/pmm68-9Pu 2 hours ago
- RT @mthurma2: I signed the Pledge. It's time for legislators to #getESEAright #stoptoxictesting #NEARA15 @NEAToday http://t.co/aPgjD3c5qJ 6 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 1 month ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 1 month ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 1 month ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 1 month ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 months ago
- John Ferling: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/john-ferling-p… 13 hours ago
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence bobmorris.biz/fascinating-fa… 1 day ago
- An organization’s scarcest resource bobmorris.biz/an-organizatio… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 972,009 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring – (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident – Yes, We Do!)
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence
- The Old Words, and Maybe the Old Books, Are Best of All
- You Want Proof That We Live in a VUCA World? – Just Check the Latest Supreme Court Decisions; or, Consider Apple Music
- Thoughts Prompted by the Focus on Self-Interest, and the Confederate Flag
- Linda J. Popky on “Marketing Above the Noise”: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris