Not Just Better, but Different – A Quote for the Day from Michael Porter on Strategy
Operational effectiveness (OE) means performing similar activities better than rivals perform them. Operational effectiveness includes but is not limited to efficiency. It refers to any number of practices that allow a company to better utilize its inputs by, for example, reducing defects in products or developing better products faster. In contrast, strategic positioning means performing different activities from rivals’ or performing similar activities in different ways.Competitive strategy is about being different. It means deliberately choosing a different set of activities to deliver a unique mix of value.
…the essence of strategy is in the activities—choosing to perform activities differently or to perform different activities than rivals. Otherwise, a strategy is nothing more than a marketing slogan that will not withstand competition.Michael Porter, from an essay included in the book On Competition
No comments yet.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events
• Sales Bootcamp
February 12 & 13 — 9am – 4pm
$2,500 per person
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
High Profile Staffing – Hiring Excellence
If you want a “staffing” company, we can refer you. If you want a business partner, who is invested in your success, we should talk.
(Here’s an interview with Bronwyn Allen, President of High Profile).
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- "12 Vital Signs of Organizational Health- Is Your Organization Healthy?" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/12-vital… 1 hour ago
- "5 Things "Recruitable" People Most Need and Want" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/5-things… 1 hour ago
- "The Holy Grail of Confidence for Women" by @dtkresources on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/20140611… 3 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 4 days ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 4 weeks ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 4 weeks ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- The Responsible Leader: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/the-responsibl… 7 hours ago
- Christine Lagarde visits The Daily Show with John Stewart: A Two-Part Conversation bobmorris.biz/christine-laga… 7 hours ago
- A Brief History of Big Data Everyone Should Read bobmorris.biz/a-brief-histor… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 890,200 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Caroline L. Arnold: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want
- Vaden’s Unique Approach to Managing Time Deserves Attention
- A Tidy-Up Book Cleans Up on the Best-Seller List
- Sometimes it Takes a Well-Timed, Well-Placed Encounter with a Two-By-Four