Prepare, Practice, and then you’ll be ready.
“We throw to the bases every day,” Cruz said. “We take flyballs every day, make sure we know the ballpark, we know any situation we can be involved in during the game. When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” (Rangers Beat Tigers 7-3 In Game 4: Nelson Cruz Leads Texas To 3-1 Lead In ALCS)
“When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to succeed. The more you practice – and practice every conceivable scenario — the more you put and keep your head in the game, the more prepared you are.
This was seen so very clearly in the Rangers win over the Tigers last night. Nelson Cruz hit another 11th inning home run, but it was his throw from right field that kept the Rangers in the game, and sent it into extra innings.
With Detroit runners at the corners in the eighth and the score 3-all, Cruz caught Delmon Young’s flyball to right field and made a strong peg to Napoli to nail Miguel Cabrera. The Detroit slugger bowled over Napoli, but the catcher held on to the ball and Cabrera never touched the plate.
For Rangers fans (that includes me) it was a terrific game. For all of us, it is a reminder of the most basic of business and life success lessons: prepare and practice, and you will be ready for the challenge.
Here’s the video of his walk-off Grand Slam to win game two against Detroit:
Mike Napoli can also add to our appreciation for solid preparation.
Napoli said it comes from preparation and taking time to learn his pitcher’s tendencies, something that has improved with each outing. (Mike Napoli does it all in Game 4).
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our April, 2015 Sponsor
Tom Meyer, Dallas-based Certified Gazelles coach, invites you to an April 29 Scaling-Up Business Workshop at Bent Tree Country Club, designed to help leaders of companies and organizations make four key decisions about People, Strategy, Cash Flow, and Execution. Click here for more information about this workshop designed to help your business “scale up!”
And, Tom will offer a quick-look workshop on a few of the principles found in Scaling Up, the book by Verne Harnish, with special emphasis on the Personal One-Page Plan (a valuable take-away for all participants). Tom’s bonus session will be from 8:30-9:30, immediately following our regular session. The $15 cost for the bonus program includes a copy of the book.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasApril 3rd, 20155 days to go.
- "Constantly reminding employees why they come to work and what it is that the organization does will help kee... amzn.com/k/Q8_R5GcGTkWl… 32 minutes ago
- "We needed buy-in, and you don’t get that by ignoring people’s concerns." amzn.com/k/FLinAQvhRrKb… 1 hour ago
- Doctors not always judged highly for their communication with patients... amzn.com/k/l_WhTzq-QNin… 1 hour ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 15 hours ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 23 hours ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 1 day ago
- David McCullough has a new book on The Wright Brothers scheduled for a May 15 release. Read my blog post: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/can… 3 days ago
- Get ready for the next Jack Welch epistle. It releases on April 15. My blog post about that is here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/ano… 4 days ago
- Middle management in gazelle organizations bobmorris.biz/middle-managem… 6 hours ago
- Kara Penn: An interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/kara-penn-an-i… 6 hours ago
- Chip and Dan Heath on “Four principles for making better decisions” bobmorris.biz/chip-and-dan-h… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 901,628 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Mike Paton: An interview by Bob Morris
- Not What Sandberg Had In Mind – This One May Need to “Lean Out”
- All the Way to the Top for “Get What’s Yours” – Our Profound Insecurity!
- What Kind Of Society Shall We Have? – When A National Leadership Conference Teaches Racist Chants, We Get Exactly What One Would Expect
- Book Titles That Deliberately Inhibit Sales – It’s a Bad Idea!
- David Allen’s Next Actions; Csikszentmihalyi’s Clear Goals – Do You Know What to Do Next?