Prepare, Practice, and then you’ll be ready.
“We throw to the bases every day,” Cruz said. “We take flyballs every day, make sure we know the ballpark, we know any situation we can be involved in during the game. When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” (Rangers Beat Tigers 7-3 In Game 4: Nelson Cruz Leads Texas To 3-1 Lead In ALCS)
“When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to succeed. The more you practice – and practice every conceivable scenario — the more you put and keep your head in the game, the more prepared you are.
This was seen so very clearly in the Rangers win over the Tigers last night. Nelson Cruz hit another 11th inning home run, but it was his throw from right field that kept the Rangers in the game, and sent it into extra innings.
With Detroit runners at the corners in the eighth and the score 3-all, Cruz caught Delmon Young’s flyball to right field and made a strong peg to Napoli to nail Miguel Cabrera. The Detroit slugger bowled over Napoli, but the catcher held on to the ball and Cabrera never touched the plate.
For Rangers fans (that includes me) it was a terrific game. For all of us, it is a reminder of the most basic of business and life success lessons: prepare and practice, and you will be ready for the challenge.
Here’s the video of his walk-off Grand Slam to win game two against Detroit:
Mike Napoli can also add to our appreciation for solid preparation.
Napoli said it comes from preparation and taking time to learn his pitcher’s tendencies, something that has improved with each outing. (Mike Napoli does it all in Game 4).
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our May Charity Sponsor
Running4CleanWater – May 9, 2015
The goal of R4CW is to provide children, youth and adults with clean and safe drinking water for the rural regions of Sierra Leone, Africa. Proceeds from this event will go toward building a well. Click here for more information & to register.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasMay 1st, 2015The big day is here.
- Just How Early Do You Need To Be An Early Adopter? - Pretty Early: wp.me/pmm68-7Ud 1 hour ago
- Business Success is no Accident: Here are the 5 Steps – My Takeaways from The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt: wp.me/pmm68-6D4 1 hour ago
- Profit vs. Human & Social Responsibility - The Dilemma of Modern Capitalism? (Yglesias, Bezos, & Amazon): wp.me/pmm68-7sG 1 hour ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 4 days ago
- I won't be at the SMU Men's Basketball games next season. A new book influenced my decision. Read my post here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/rea… 1 month ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 1 month ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 1 month ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 1 month ago
- Robbie Kellman Baxter: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/robbie-kellman… 13 hours ago
- The rest of the story…. bobmorris.biz/the-rest-of-th… 14 hours ago
- Power to the new people analytics bobmorris.biz/power-to-the-n… 14 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 925,331 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- More Than A Summary; A 15minutebusinessbooks Book Synopsis Can Be a Valuable Tool for You and Your Team
- “Company” as Means to Greater End; “Product” – My Six Lessons & Takeaways from Becoming Steve Jobs
- Linda Rottenberg: Part 1 of an interview of an interview by Bob Morris
- If you Have Never Misunderstood Anyone; or if No One has Ever Misunderstood You; then Skip this Book – (No One Understands You and What to do About it by Heidi Grant Halverson)
- No One Understands You by Heidi Grant Halverson & More Awesome than Money by Jim Dwyer – Coming for the June 5, 2015 First Friday Book Synopsis
- Unless your name is Aristotle, You Need to Learn from Someone — Who do you Learn From? (insight from David Brooks)