Prepare, Practice, and then you’ll be ready.
“We throw to the bases every day,” Cruz said. “We take flyballs every day, make sure we know the ballpark, we know any situation we can be involved in during the game. When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” (Rangers Beat Tigers 7-3 In Game 4: Nelson Cruz Leads Texas To 3-1 Lead In ALCS)
“When you prepare, everything comes more easy.” The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to succeed. The more you practice – and practice every conceivable scenario — the more you put and keep your head in the game, the more prepared you are.
This was seen so very clearly in the Rangers win over the Tigers last night. Nelson Cruz hit another 11th inning home run, but it was his throw from right field that kept the Rangers in the game, and sent it into extra innings.
With Detroit runners at the corners in the eighth and the score 3-all, Cruz caught Delmon Young’s flyball to right field and made a strong peg to Napoli to nail Miguel Cabrera. The Detroit slugger bowled over Napoli, but the catcher held on to the ball and Cabrera never touched the plate.
For Rangers fans (that includes me) it was a terrific game. For all of us, it is a reminder of the most basic of business and life success lessons: prepare and practice, and you will be ready for the challenge.
Here’s the video of his walk-off Grand Slam to win game two against Detroit:
Mike Napoli can also add to our appreciation for solid preparation.
Napoli said it comes from preparation and taking time to learn his pitcher’s tendencies, something that has improved with each outing. (Mike Napoli does it all in Game 4).
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events
• Sales Bootcamp
February 12 & 13 — 9am – 4pm
$2,500 per person
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
High Profile Staffing – Hiring Excellence
If you want a “staffing” company, we can refer you. If you want a business partner, who is invested in your success, we should talk.
(Here’s an interview with Bronwyn Allen, President of High Profile).
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- "Can You Help Me Soften The Tone In My E-Mails - Without Sacrificing Efficiency?": wp.me/pmm68-5wB 3 hours ago
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You're Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie): wp.me/pmm68-9zX 3 hours ago
- Have you Gotten Any Better – at ______? How About at Communicating with Your People?: wp.me/pmm68-9zc 4 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 3 days ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 3 weeks ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 3 weeks ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- A Brief History of Big Data Everyone Should Read bobmorris.biz/a-brief-histor… 9 hours ago
- Ellen Langer on the Value of Mindfulness in Business bobmorris.biz/ellen-langer-o… 9 hours ago
- How to Harness the Power of Discovery bobmorris.biz/how-to-harness… 9 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 889,881 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want
- Vaden’s Unique Approach to Managing Time Deserves Attention
- A Tidy-Up Book Cleans Up on the Best-Seller List
- Sometimes it Takes a Well-Timed, Well-Placed Encounter with a Two-By-Four
- The Newest Business Book on the Brain