Creative Communication Network is pleased to announce three campaigns in 2012 benefiting charitable causes that we wish to support. Please join with us in our efforts.
For one month in each quarter, CCN will donate and match the proceeds from the First Friday Book Synopsis and contribute those funds directly to each of these charities. We will solicit additional contributions from clients and attendees who wish to help us with donations.
April-June: We will support the Relay for Life program in North Texas. This program is sponsored by the American Cancer Society, and CCN President Karl J. Krayer has walked in the relay for several years. Last year, with the outstanding support of CCN clients and attendees of the First Friday Book Synopsis, he raised the largest individual contribution in the region.
July-September: We will support the Fisher House, which provides temporary housing for military families. The Dallas location is at the VA Hospital, and last year, we donated just over $500 from a special synopsis delivered by Randy Mayeux. Fisher House is rated with 4 stars, the highest rating given by Charity Navigator.
October-December: We will support CitySquare, formerly Central Dallas Ministries, where Randy Mayeux presents regular urban engagement book synopses. Last year, this organization sponsored one of our synopses. Its’ mission and purpose is to address the root cause of poverty in our community.
Look for more information as we get closer to these dates.
We appreciate your support of our charitable endeavors in 2012.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012 Posted by kjkrayer | Karl's blog entries | CCN, CitySquare, Creative Communication Network, Dallas Central Ministries, first friday book synopsis, Fisher House, Karl Krayer, Randy Mayeux, Relay for Life, VA Hospital, Veterans Hospital | Leave a comment
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasMay 1st, 2015The big day is here.
- #garlandshooting- the most accurate phrase I've seen/heard to describe the event - at "Exhibit Defying Islam" nytimes.com/2015/05/04/us/… 31 minutes ago
- You should never be stupider than you need to be," Munger said Read more: businessinsider.com/warren-buffett… businessinsider.com/warren-buffett… 5 hours ago
- RT @michellebkinder: Make a list of things that make you happy. Make a list of things you do every day. Adjust accordingly. http://t.co/N… 6 hours ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 days ago
- I won't be at the SMU Men's Basketball games next season. A new book influenced my decision. Read my post here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/rea… 1 month ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 1 month ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 1 month ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 1 month ago
- Gillian Zoe Segal: An interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/gillian-zoe-se… 16 hours ago
- Connection Culture: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/connection-cul… 16 hours ago
- The four global forces breaking all the trends bobmorris.biz/the-four-globa… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 924,614 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Linda Rottenberg: Part 1 of an interview of an interview by Bob Morris
- If you Have Never Misunderstood Anyone; or if No One has Ever Misunderstood You; then Skip this Book – (No One Understands You and What to do About it by Heidi Grant Halverson)
- No One Understands You by Heidi Grant Halverson & More Awesome than Money by Jim Dwyer – Coming for the June 5, 2015 First Friday Book Synopsis
- Unless your name is Aristotle, You Need to Learn from Someone — Who do you Learn From? (insight from David Brooks)
- Adding Credits, not Debits, to your Brand’s “Account” – Insight from Steve Jobs
- Clive Wilson on how to design a purposeful organisation: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris