I don’t read much fiction. I should – I know. But I don’t. But, one of these days…
Anyway, here are some books lists for book lovers. Many of the titles are fiction. Some are non-fiction. So many books, so little time…
The Reading List: 10 Essential Books for Life
Manhood, America, sports, politics, sex. These are the subjects men should know — and these are the authors who can teach you.
The 75 Books Every Man Should Read (this one includes The Grapes of Wrath — if you have never read it, or, if you only read it after it was assigned years ago in school, it’s time!)…
An unranked, incomplete, utterly biased list of the greatest works of literature ever published. How many have you read?
and, a list of books by women authors that every man should read…
250 Books By Women All Men Should Read (this one includes Annie Dillard’s Pilgrim at Tinker Creek; if you’ve never read Dillard, it’s past time! – check out her The Writing Life; it’s not just about writing)…
with this introductory paragraph:
Esquire made reposted a slide show of 75 books all men should read. The books are mostly fantastic and the headline phrasing didn’t much bug us. After all, Esquire is a men’s magazine and has always been marketed as such. The problem was that the list was all male writers, save for lone lady Flannery O’Connor. This really does imply that men don’t/can’t/shouldn’t read women and we were pretty sure that wasn’t the case among readers. We were also sure that part of the editorial reason for making such a list this way was to generate a response, so here it is. Over Memorial Day weekend we asked Joyland readers, editors, and contributors to come up with a list of 75 Books By Women All Men Should Read. We received over 250 suggestions in two hours. We think the below is a seriously devastating list of great books all men should read. Thank you everyone who took part via Facebook and Twitter. We had to format many different kinds of responses so let us know if we made a mistake with your selections. Also please, keep the talk going in the comments and everywhere else. — Emily Schultz and Brian Joseph Davis, publishers of Joyland
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 Posted by Randy Mayeux | Randy's blog entries | Annie Dillard, book lovers, books by women, books for men, John Steinbeck, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, reading lists, The Grapes of Wrath, The Writing Life | 1 Comment
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJuly 10th, 20156 days to go.
First Friday Book Synopsis (on the SECOND Friday in July) - July 10, 2015Friday, July 10, 2015 ⋅ FFBS only (online sales): $29.00 ⋅ FFBS only (Harvard Business School Club of Dallas): $29.00
- Glad to see Twyla Tharpe's Creative Habit on this list - 35 Books Every Designer Should Read | business + design fastcodesign.com/3047814/35-boo… 21 minutes ago
- 1 of week's must reads!-The Power of the Long Pause in Obama's "Amazing Grace" Performance in Charleston - Atlantic theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 2 hours ago
- President Richard Nixon used this exact streaming device to listen to baseball games http://t.co/h3o7MUNIyR 2 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 1 month ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 1 month ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 1 month ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 1 month ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 months ago
- John Ferling: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/john-ferling-p… 6 hours ago
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence bobmorris.biz/fascinating-fa… 1 day ago
- An organization’s scarcest resource bobmorris.biz/an-organizatio… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 971,676 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring – (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident – Yes, We Do!)
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence
- The Old Words, and Maybe the Old Books, Are Best of All
- You Want Proof That We Live in a VUCA World? – Just Check the Latest Supreme Court Decisions; or, Consider Apple Music
- Thoughts Prompted by the Focus on Self-Interest, and the Confederate Flag
- Linda J. Popky on “Marketing Above the Noise”: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris