If you work with statistics, one of the great challenges that you may have faced is how to write up results in a coherent and efficient manner.
Here is a great source for you! This book is a short, comprehensive, and invaluable resource: From Numbers to Words by Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, and Tyler R. Harrison (Allyn & Bacon, 2002).
While I can assure you we will never present a book like this at the First Friday Book Synopsis, because it would induce sleep – for anyone who worries over how to present findings from a statistical test in a written report, this is a crown jewel.
The book covers practically every possible statistical test. For each, you will learn what to report, the key syntax, and the suggested format. The book includes excerpts from articles that have used the statistic.
And, it does all this in 125 pages!
As part of my responsibilities as an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Dallas, I teach MBA students a course in Research Methods. How to write up statistical results is the most frustrating and time-consuming endevaor they face. I have now required this book for the past two terms, and have seen great results.
I commend it to you – if you are a numbers-person.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Posted by kjkrayer | Karl's blog entries | Allyn & Bacon, first friday book synopsis, From Numbers to Words, MBA, numerical results, research methods, statistics, Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, Tyler R. Harrison, University of Dallas | Leave a comment
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasAugust 7th, 20158 days to go.
- O'Reilly is correct-he is the reporter who has done this most "in this country" -insulated, no one else exists, FoxUS m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55ba5… 1 hour ago
- RT @HDBoykinJr: 9 Books Elon Musk Thinks Everyone Should Read via @BINGBINGREAD ln.is/www.scoop.it/t… 2 hours ago
- "I've Got Confidence in Me"-or, Maybe Not so Much-(My Takeaways, The Confidence Code by Katty Kay & Claire Shipman): wp.me/pmm68-8UF 2 hours ago
- "Where to Start to Reduce Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse" on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/where-st… 3 days ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 2 months ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 2 months ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 2 months ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 2 months ago
- Barry Schwartz on “Our loss of wisdom” bobmorris.biz/barry-schwartz… 11 hours ago
- Big data versus big congestion: Using information to improve transport bobmorris.biz/big-data-versu… 11 hours ago
- Top 10 Inventions that Changed the World bobmorris.biz/top-10-inventi… 11 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 992,683 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- “There is no Permanent Fix” – A Tough Reality to Face, and Lesson to Learn, from General Stanley McChrystal (from Team of Teams)
- Innovation Superstars: Shock Therapy for the Status Quo – (announcing our new seminar)
- Your Company Needs Some Business-Book Book Clubs – Download Our White Paper
- The Equalizer (Denzel Washington) Reading Through the “Top 100 Books You Should Read Before You Die”
- Managing Yourself is Only Half the Battle – Supervising Yourself is Just as Important
- Where to Start to Reduce Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Against Women