If you work with statistics, one of the great challenges that you may have faced is how to write up results in a coherent and efficient manner.
Here is a great source for you! This book is a short, comprehensive, and invaluable resource: From Numbers to Words by Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, and Tyler R. Harrison (Allyn & Bacon, 2002).
While I can assure you we will never present a book like this at the First Friday Book Synopsis, because it would induce sleep – for anyone who worries over how to present findings from a statistical test in a written report, this is a crown jewel.
The book covers practically every possible statistical test. For each, you will learn what to report, the key syntax, and the suggested format. The book includes excerpts from articles that have used the statistic.
And, it does all this in 125 pages!
As part of my responsibilities as an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Dallas, I teach MBA students a course in Research Methods. How to write up statistical results is the most frustrating and time-consuming endevaor they face. I have now required this book for the past two terms, and have seen great results.
I commend it to you – if you are a numbers-person.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Posted by kjkrayer | Karl's blog entries | Allyn & Bacon, first friday book synopsis, From Numbers to Words, MBA, numerical results, research methods, statistics, Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, Tyler R. Harrison, University of Dallas | Leave a comment
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJuly 10th, 20159 days to go.
First Friday Book Synopsis (on the SECOND Friday in July) - July 10, 2015Friday, July 10, 2015 ⋅ FFBS only (online sales): $29.00 ⋅ FFBS only (Harvard Business School Club of Dallas): $29.00
- Did you miss any of our synopses? - Try 15MinuteBusinessBooks -- come join us for the July 10 Friday Book Synopsis conta.cc/1U8DlOa 6 hours ago
- RT @bryankramer: "Every human wants to be excited, valued and productive" #SHRM15 #SmarterWorkforce #H2H http://t.co/niSHo4g9iB 6 hours ago
- RT @ArtOfLinkedIn: "Investor concern over the threat of new technologies is overstated." —Blockbuster analyst report, 1999 http://t.co/0q2t… 6 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 1 month ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 1 month ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 1 month ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 1 month ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 months ago
- The Mouth Is Mightier Than the Pen bobmorris.biz/the-mouth-is-m… 12 hours ago
- Go forth in the real world, and leave the tablet behind bobmorris.biz/go-forth-in-th… 12 hours ago
- Tae Hea Nahm (managing director of the venture capital firm Storm Ventures) in “The Corner Office” bobmorris.biz/tae-hea-nahm-m… 12 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 968,474 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Thoughts Prompted by the Focus on Self-Interest, and the Confederate Flag
- Linda J. Popky on “Marketing Above the Noise”: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- If You take “No” for an Answer too Easily, You May Need to Make a Change – Insight from Elon Musk
- Ego vs. EQ, insight from Jen Shirkani – (or, maybe, it is a real fight with your JQ – your “Jerk Quotient”)
- A conversation with Grant McCracken on how to build “a living, breathing culture”
- Big Data May Already Be Disrupting Your Favorite Sport