If you work with statistics, one of the great challenges that you may have faced is how to write up results in a coherent and efficient manner.
Here is a great source for you! This book is a short, comprehensive, and invaluable resource: From Numbers to Words by Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, and Tyler R. Harrison (Allyn & Bacon, 2002).
While I can assure you we will never present a book like this at the First Friday Book Synopsis, because it would induce sleep – for anyone who worries over how to present findings from a statistical test in a written report, this is a crown jewel.
The book covers practically every possible statistical test. For each, you will learn what to report, the key syntax, and the suggested format. The book includes excerpts from articles that have used the statistic.
And, it does all this in 125 pages!
As part of my responsibilities as an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Dallas, I teach MBA students a course in Research Methods. How to write up statistical results is the most frustrating and time-consuming endevaor they face. I have now required this book for the past two terms, and have seen great results.
I commend it to you – if you are a numbers-person.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Posted by kjkrayer | Karl's blog entries | Allyn & Bacon, first friday book synopsis, From Numbers to Words, MBA, numerical results, research methods, statistics, Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, Tyler R. Harrison, University of Dallas | Leave a comment
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJuly 10th, 20156 days to go.
First Friday Book Synopsis (on the SECOND Friday in July) - July 10, 2015Friday, July 10, 2015 ⋅ FFBS only (online sales): $29.00 ⋅ FFBS only (Harvard Business School Club of Dallas): $29.00
- what, exactly, are people supposed to be afraid of now? A same-sex married couple with affordable health insurance? nytimes.com/2015/07/05/opi… 6 hours ago
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring - (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident - Yes, We Do!): wp.me/pmm68-9Pu 7 hours ago
- RT @mthurma2: I signed the Pledge. It's time for legislators to #getESEAright #stoptoxictesting #NEARA15 @NEAToday http://t.co/aPgjD3c5qJ 12 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 1 month ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 1 month ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 1 month ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 2 months ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 months ago
- John Ferling: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/john-ferling-p… 19 hours ago
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence bobmorris.biz/fascinating-fa… 1 day ago
- An organization’s scarcest resource bobmorris.biz/an-organizatio… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 972,272 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring – (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident – Yes, We Do!)
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence
- The Old Words, and Maybe the Old Books, Are Best of All
- You Want Proof That We Live in a VUCA World? – Just Check the Latest Supreme Court Decisions; or, Consider Apple Music
- Thoughts Prompted by the Focus on Self-Interest, and the Confederate Flag
- Linda J. Popky on “Marketing Above the Noise”: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris