If you work with statistics, one of the great challenges that you may have faced is how to write up results in a coherent and efficient manner.
Here is a great source for you! This book is a short, comprehensive, and invaluable resource: From Numbers to Words by Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, and Tyler R. Harrison (Allyn & Bacon, 2002).
While I can assure you we will never present a book like this at the First Friday Book Synopsis, because it would induce sleep – for anyone who worries over how to present findings from a statistical test in a written report, this is a crown jewel.
The book covers practically every possible statistical test. For each, you will learn what to report, the key syntax, and the suggested format. The book includes excerpts from articles that have used the statistic.
And, it does all this in 125 pages!
As part of my responsibilities as an adjunct professor in the College of Business at the University of Dallas, I teach MBA students a course in Research Methods. How to write up statistical results is the most frustrating and time-consuming endevaor they face. I have now required this book for the past two terms, and have seen great results.
I commend it to you – if you are a numbers-person.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Posted by kjkrayer | Karl's blog entries | Allyn & Bacon, first friday book synopsis, From Numbers to Words, MBA, numerical results, research methods, statistics, Susan E. Morgan, Tom Reichert, Tyler R. Harrison, University of Dallas | Leave a comment
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our April, 2015 Sponsor
Tom Meyer, Dallas-based Certified Gazelles coach, invites you to an April 29 Scaling-Up Business Workshop at Bent Tree Country Club, designed to help leaders of companies and organizations make four key decisions about People, Strategy, Cash Flow, and Execution. Click here for more information about this workshop designed to help your business “scale up!”
And, Tom will offer a quick-look workshop on a few of the principles found in Scaling Up, the book by Verne Harnish, with special emphasis on the Personal One-Page Plan (a valuable take-away for all participants). Tom’s bonus session will be from 8:30-9:30, immediately following our regular session. The $15 cost for the bonus program includes a copy of the book.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasApril 3rd, 20152 days to go.
- The single worst marketing decision you can make tnw.to/g4tW6 via @thenextweb 7 hours ago
- RT @TheNextWeb: The single worst marketing decision you can make tnw.co/1NJjRvm by @RyanHoliday http://t.co/dxLxIkb52K 8 hours ago
- Tips @LinkedInPulse - "Everything Matters in Superior Customer Experience-(Dr. James Merlino)" by @Randy1116 linkedin.com/pulse/everythi… 10 hours ago
- I won't be at the SMU Men's Basketball games next season. A new book influenced my decision. Read my post here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/rea… 1 day ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 3 days ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 4 days ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 5 days ago
- David McCullough has a new book on The Wright Brothers scheduled for a May 15 release. Read my blog post: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/can… 6 days ago
- Big Think Interview With Peter Diamandis bobmorris.biz/big-think-inte… 8 hours ago
- The 5 Biases Pushing Women Out of STEM bobmorris.biz/the-5-biases-p… 11 hours ago
- Bosses Who Love Themselves bobmorris.biz/bosses-who-lov… 11 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 903,233 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Everything Matters in Superior Customer Experience – Every Interaction, Every “Touch Point” – Dr. James Merlino Explains Why in Service Fanatics (The Cleveland Clinic Way)
- Jon Kolko: An interview by Bob Morris
- Reading About Spoiled Stops My Splurge – The End of the Line for Me at SMU Basketball Games
- The Book That Tells College Basketball Fans How We Got Here
- Elon Musk on Intrinsic Motivation (from Bold by Peter Diamandis) – with a Little Michael Jordan Thrown In
- Mike Paton: An interview by Bob Morris