Acclaimed author J.K. Rowling, who penned the widly popular Harry Potter series, has received great enthusiasm about her announcement that she will write a new book for an adult audience.
She could have a best-seller before she even writes a word.
In research conducted by Netbase Solutions, Inc., published in the Wall Street Journal (February 25-26, 2012, p. C4), reactions to the announcement are as follows:
Excited – 58%
Memories of Potter – 34%
Jokes – 6%
Skepticism – 2%
The reactions were consolidated from 4,800 posts on Twitter and Facebook, between February 23-24.
I did not read any of the Harry Potter books, but my daughter did, and also saw all the movies.
I think I will read this one, whatever it is, and whenever it comes out, just out of curiosity.
What about you? Let’s talk about it really soon.
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJuly 10th, 20153 days to go.
First Friday Book Synopsis (on the SECOND Friday in July) - July 10, 2015Friday, July 10, 2015 ⋅ FFBS only (online sales): $29.00 ⋅ FFBS only (Harvard Business School Club of Dallas): $29.00
- Coming for July First Friday Book Synopsis: Elon Musk, & a new Rosabeth Moss Kanter book on America's Infrastructure: wp.me/pmm68-9Nb 2 hours ago
- Exponential Organizations – My Lessons and Takeaways: wp.me/pmm68-9sT 6 hours ago
- Last Call/Final Reminder for Friday-Elon Musk;& Move by Rosabeth Ross Kanter-4 the July 10 First Friday Book Synopsis conta.cc/1KPPWBj 6 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 1 month ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 1 month ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 2 months ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 2 months ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 2 months ago
- Daniel Kahneman on “The Illusion [or Delusion] of Understanding” bobmorris.biz/daniel-kahnema… 11 hours ago
- Transformative HR: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/transformative… 11 hours ago
- Rosabeth Moss Kanter’s thoughts about America’s transportation infrastructure bobmorris.biz/rosabeth-moss-… 11 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 974,423 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Living in the Age of Airplanes – A Beautiful, Wondrous Film, and a Tutorial on Globalization
- Here is the July, 2015 New York Times Business Books Best Sellers List – Triggers by Marshall Goldsmith is at #1
- John Ferling: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- From Every Hill and Molehill, Let Freedom Ring – (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident – Yes, We Do!)
- Fascinating Facts about the Declaration of Independence
- The Old Words, and Maybe the Old Books, Are Best of All