I’ve read three reviews of Rachel Maddow’s new book, Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, and have the sample pages loaded into my iPad. It is on my “I want to read this book list,” which is long and ever-growing… But, sadly, I doubt that this book fits into my “I will present this somewhere” list, so it may be a while.
On The Daily Beast, Rachel Maddow’s ‘Drift’ Probes America’s Uneasy Relationship With the Military by Allison Yarrow, the article ends with this terrific quote from Maddow:
“There are many ways to envision female success. Ultimately, you don’t do anybody any favors by putting people in jobs they can’t do well in. The best way to win is to be better than everybody else,” Rachel Maddow said.
Put people in jobs that they can do well.
Be better than everybody else.
It can’t be put much more simply… what great insight!
Here’s another good article about the book – Bullet Points: Rachel Maddow proposes solutions to decades of American military bloat, by Emily Bazelon, from Slate.com.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our May Charity Sponsor
Running4CleanWater – May 9, 2015
The goal of R4CW is to provide children, youth and adults with clean and safe drinking water for the rural regions of Sierra Leone, Africa. Proceeds from this event will go toward building a well.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasMay 1st, 201512 days to go.
- Hillary Clinton, 1995 - "It is a violation of human rights when women are..." - read the list... americanrhetoric.com/speeches/hilla… 1 hour ago
- Talking about women's issues may be trendy, but Clinton has been working on these issues essentially her whole life npr.org/blogs/itsallpo… 1 hour ago
- Create and Host your Own Mini-Seminar, with Synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com: wp.me/pmm68-9zf 2 hours ago
- I won't be at the SMU Men's Basketball games next season. A new book influenced my decision. Read my post here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/rea… 2 weeks ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 3 weeks ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 3 weeks ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 3 weeks ago
- David McCullough has a new book on The Wright Brothers scheduled for a May 15 release. Read my blog post: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/can… 3 weeks ago
- Michael Lee Stallard on “Ten Ways to Improve Your Connection Skills” bobmorris.biz/michael-lee-st… 5 hours ago
- Clive Wilson on how to design a purposeful organisation: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/clive-wilson-o… 5 hours ago
- Widgets: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/widgets-a-book… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 916,476 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Liz Wiseman: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Tony Hsieh at Zappos Announces “No More Gradualism” – (with appreciation to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- Here are my Five Lessons & Takeaways from Civic Sermons by Gerald Britt
- Bernhard Schroeder: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Civic Sermons: Ideas for a Different Civic Culture by Gerald Britt – Thoughts on Engagement
- Focus; Eliminate Distractions – A Lesson from Masters Champion Jordan Spieth (& C.S. Lewis, among others)