I’ve read three reviews of Rachel Maddow’s new book, Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, and have the sample pages loaded into my iPad. It is on my “I want to read this book list,” which is long and ever-growing… But, sadly, I doubt that this book fits into my “I will present this somewhere” list, so it may be a while.
On The Daily Beast, Rachel Maddow’s ‘Drift’ Probes America’s Uneasy Relationship With the Military by Allison Yarrow, the article ends with this terrific quote from Maddow:
“There are many ways to envision female success. Ultimately, you don’t do anybody any favors by putting people in jobs they can’t do well in. The best way to win is to be better than everybody else,” Rachel Maddow said.
Put people in jobs that they can do well.
Be better than everybody else.
It can’t be put much more simply… what great insight!
Here’s another good article about the book – Bullet Points: Rachel Maddow proposes solutions to decades of American military bloat, by Emily Bazelon, from Slate.com.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our April, 2015 Sponsor
Tom Meyer, Dallas-based Certified Gazelles coach, invites you to an April 29 Scaling-Up Business Workshop at Bent Tree Country Club, designed to help leaders of companies and organizations make four key decisions about People, Strategy, Cash Flow, and Execution. Click here for more information about this workshop designed to help your business “scale up!”
And, Tom will offer a quick-look workshop on a few of the principles found in Scaling Up, the book by Verne Harnish, with special emphasis on the Personal One-Page Plan (a valuable take-away for all participants). Tom’s bonus session will be from 8:30-9:30, immediately following our regular session. The $15 cost for the bonus program includes a copy of the book.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasApril 3rd, 20157 days to go.
- "Online, we’ve got a compassion deficit, an empathy crisis. We need to return to a long-held value of compassion.” nytimes.com/times-insider/… 34 minutes ago
- Farhad Manjoo analyzes, brilliantly - Ellen Pao Disrupts How Silicon Valley Does Business nyti.ms/1IFDrWv 1 hour ago
- David Allen's Next Actions; Csikszentmihalyi's Clear Goals - Do You Know What to Do Next?: wp.me/pmm68-9EU 1 day ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 11 hours ago
- David McCullough has a new book on The Wright Brothers scheduled for a May 15 release. Read my blog post: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/can… 1 day ago
- Get ready for the next Jack Welch epistle. It releases on April 15. My blog post about that is here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/ano… 3 days ago
- I don't want another SMU - UConn game on Sunday. Too dangerous with momentum and a partisan crowd. Go Tulsa! 1 week ago
- Yet another book about the Yalta Conference came out tbis week. It's by Susan Butler published by Knopf. 1 week ago
- Blogging on Business bobmorris.biz 11 hours ago
- Josh Linkner on “Becoming Irresistible” bobmorris.biz/josh-linkner-o… 23 hours ago
- Nancy Dubuc (chief executive of A&E Networks) in “The Corner Office” bobmorris.biz/nancy-dubuc-ch… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 901,346 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Book Titles That Deliberately Inhibit Sales – It’s a Bad Idea!
- David Allen’s Next Actions; Csikszentmihalyi’s Clear Goals – Do You Know What to Do Next?
- Can’t Wait for McCullough’s Next Book About The Wright Brothers
- Annual Physicals, Vital Signs… for Your “Personal” Life, and for Your Organization
- A Brief Blog Milestone Update
- Bernhard Schroeder: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris