I’ve read three reviews of Rachel Maddow’s new book, Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, and have the sample pages loaded into my iPad. It is on my “I want to read this book list,” which is long and ever-growing… But, sadly, I doubt that this book fits into my “I will present this somewhere” list, so it may be a while.
On The Daily Beast, Rachel Maddow’s ‘Drift’ Probes America’s Uneasy Relationship With the Military by Allison Yarrow, the article ends with this terrific quote from Maddow:
“There are many ways to envision female success. Ultimately, you don’t do anybody any favors by putting people in jobs they can’t do well in. The best way to win is to be better than everybody else,” Rachel Maddow said.
Put people in jobs that they can do well.
Be better than everybody else.
It can’t be put much more simply… what great insight!
Here’s another good article about the book – Bullet Points: Rachel Maddow proposes solutions to decades of American military bloat, by Emily Bazelon, from Slate.com.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events
• Sales Bootcamp
February 12 & 13 — 9am – 4pm
$2,500 per person
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
High Profile Staffing – Hiring Excellence
If you want a “staffing” company, we can refer you. If you want a business partner, who is invested in your success, we should talk.
(Here’s an interview with Bronwyn Allen, President of High Profile).
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- "Sat. Night Live's 40th-All Stand on Shoulders of Those Who Came Before" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/sat-nigh… 9 hours ago
- ""Can You Help Me Soften The Tone In My E-Mails?"" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/can-you-… 9 hours ago
- U know you're getting old when-I was telling a colleague about a Johnny Carson quote,&she said she used 2 watch videos of Carson w/ her dad 12 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 6 days ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 1 month ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 1 month ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- An interview with Michael Gazzaniga bobmorris.biz/an-interview-w… 59 minutes ago
- The Reconnected Leader: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/the-reconnecte… 1 hour ago
- Recruiting Better Talent with Brain Games and Big Data bobmorris.biz/recruiting-bet… 1 hour ago
Recent visitor count
- 890,775 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Maybe The World Isn’t Quite As Flat As We Imagined… – Insight from World 3.0 by Pankaj Ghemawat
- Caroline L. Arnold: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want
- Vaden’s Unique Approach to Managing Time Deserves Attention
- A Tidy-Up Book Cleans Up on the Best-Seller List