How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder
Here is a brief excerpt from an article written by Kevin Kruse for CEO.com. To read the completer article, check oyt other resources, please click here.
* * *
Most small and mid-sized business leaders are so busy just executing on a daily basis they don’t get intentional when it comes to crafting their own company culture. This is an important oversight which, once corrected, can accelerate the growth of the business.
The best of company culture I’ve ever encountered comes from entrepreneur, Brett Martin, in an article he wrote in Medium: Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not. You are decisive, communicative and respectful but it’s your culture that helps everyone know how to act when you are out of the room. Give that voice clarity and authority.
So how do you do that? How do you create clarity and be intentional in crafting your culture?
TRX is a fast growing mid-sized company that makes lightweight and affordable training equipment. Former Navy SEAL, Randy Hetrick, started the company to bring to market a suspension strap exercise system he first used while on deployments. Today, their suspension training system is used throughout the military and is a favorite of personal trainers, as well.
When asked about the importance of company culture, Hetrick sounded very much like the Special Ops soldier he once was. “We view our company culture as the glue that holds the many different pieces of our team together. Our culture provides the strength and foundation to operate as a high performing team all around the world.
* * *
To read the complete article, please click here.
Kevin Kruse is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker and serial entrepreneur. His latest book is Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | Brett Martin, CEO.com, Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work, former Navy SEAL Randy Hetrick, How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder, Kevin Kruse, Medium, New York Times bestselling author, Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not, TRX
No comments yet.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events
• Sales Bootcamp
February 12 & 13 — 9am – 4pm
$2,500 per person
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
High Profile Staffing – Hiring Excellence
If you want a “staffing” company, we can refer you. If you want a business partner, who is invested in your success, we should talk.
(Here’s an interview with Bronwyn Allen, President of High Profile).
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- "12 Vital Signs of Organizational Health- Is Your Organization Healthy?" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/12-vital… 7 hours ago
- "5 Things "Recruitable" People Most Need and Want" by @Randy1116 on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/5-things… 7 hours ago
- "The Holy Grail of Confidence for Women" by @dtkresources on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/20140611… 8 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 4 days ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 4 weeks ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 4 weeks ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- The Responsible Leader: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/the-responsibl… 12 hours ago
- Christine Lagarde visits The Daily Show with John Stewart: A Two-Part Conversation bobmorris.biz/christine-laga… 12 hours ago
- A Brief History of Big Data Everyone Should Read bobmorris.biz/a-brief-histor… 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 890,271 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Caroline L. Arnold: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want
- Vaden’s Unique Approach to Managing Time Deserves Attention
- A Tidy-Up Book Cleans Up on the Best-Seller List
- Sometimes it Takes a Well-Timed, Well-Placed Encounter with a Two-By-Four