Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
(Both events will be held in Dallas, at the Acuity Headquarters)
• Mission: Sales Boot Camp
$2,500 per person
• Sales Management Boot Camp
$1,295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our April, 2015 Sponsor
Tom Meyer, Dallas-based Certified Gazelles coach, invites you to an April 29 Scaling-Up Business Workshop at Bent Tree Country Club, designed to help leaders of companies and organizations make four key decisions about People, Strategy, Cash Flow, and Execution. Click here for more information about this workshop designed to help your business “scale up!”
And, Tom will offer a quick-look workshop on a few of the principles found in Scaling Up, the book by Verne Harnish, with special emphasis on the Personal One-Page Plan (a valuable take-away for all participants). Tom’s bonus session will be from 8:30-9:30, immediately following our regular session. The $15 cost for the bonus program includes a copy of the book.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasApril 3rd, 20153 days to go.
- "You know, if it wasn't for customers, I could get some work done" - says an at times overworked, great, print shop guy 9 hours ago
- Seven Questions that Every Business Must Answer – (from Peter Thiel, Zero to One): wp.me/pmm68-9h1 12 hours ago
- Maybe Leaders need to offer a Corporate-wide “Big Block of Cheese Day” – To actually Listen to Their People: wp.me/pmm68-940 20 hours ago
- I won't be at the SMU Men's Basketball games next season. A new book influenced my decision. Read my post here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/rea… 6 hours ago
- Here's a blog post about a new book that contrasts with LEAN IN - see what you think about society without men: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/not… 2 days ago
- We sure are insecure as Americans about our future. Read my blog post about a best-seller by clicking here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/all… 3 days ago
- People DO judge a book by its cover - or its title. Read my blog post to see what I think about that: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/boo… 4 days ago
- David McCullough has a new book on The Wright Brothers scheduled for a May 15 release. Read my blog post: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/can… 5 days ago
- Liz Wiseman: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/liz-wiseman-pa… 12 hours ago
- Tales from Both Sides of the Brain: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/tales-from-bot… 12 hours ago
- On Making Great Decisions bobmorris.biz/on-making-grea… 12 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 902,775 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Reading About Spoiled Stops My Splurge – The End of the Line for Me at SMU Basketball Games
- The Book That Tells College Basketball Fans How We Got Here
- Elon Musk on Intrinsic Motivation (from Bold by Peter Diamandis) – with a Little Michael Jordan Thrown In
- Mike Paton: An interview by Bob Morris
- Not What Sandberg Had In Mind – This One May Need to “Lean Out”
- All the Way to the Top for “Get What’s Yours” – Our Profound Insecurity!