Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Event
• Hire a Sales Superstar Workshop
March 26 — 8am – 12pm
$199 per person
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasFebruary 6th, 2015The big day is here.
- Speakers Need Visual Cues to Help Them Speak With Verbal Punch, Avoiding the Dreaded Monotone: wp.me/pmm68-9Ag 45 minutes ago
- Ram Charan's The Attacker's Advantage: A book review by Bob Morris: wp.me/pmm68-9zq 58 minutes ago
- "An agenda that says “bosses go first” might produce very different outcomes from one that says “subordinates... amzn.com/k/3kJhL8YzRgWp… 19 hours ago
- The Imitation Game was really good. It should have won on Sunday night. 1 week ago
- At Moody for SMU and UCF. SMU by 7 with 9:41 to play. 1 month ago
- #WHATASHOTXA 210 1 month ago
- Read my blog post about Nicholas Sparks' The Best of Me. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/spa… 1 month ago
- Read my newest post about the best books in 2014. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/bes… 1 month ago
- Creative Anarchy: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/creative-anarc… 3 hours ago
- The #1 Reason Leadership Development Fails bobmorris.biz/the-1-reason-l… 3 hours ago
- Tom Davenport on “Ten types of analytical innovation” bobmorris.biz/tom-davenport-… 3 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 891,164 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Ram Charan’s The Attacker’s Advantage: A book review by Bob Morris
- Speakers Need Visual Cues to Help Them Speak With Verbal Punch, Avoiding the Dreaded Monotone
- Maybe The World Isn’t Quite As Flat As We Imagined… – Insight from World 3.0 by Pankaj Ghemawat
- Caroline L. Arnold: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Groups; Meetings; Communicating – You’re Doing It Wrong! – (Insight From Wiser By Sunstein And Hastie)
- Grisham’s Newest Book Cries For the Sequel We Don’t Want