A Half-Century of Automotive Eyesores
Please click here to read an article written by Damian Joseph that is featured online by Bloomberg Businessweek. There is a slide show of the “Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years.”
Considering how many new cars are rolled out every year, it’s no surprise that a few might be just plain homely. There’s a chance that certain styles might become fashionable with a dash of retro hip. (Well, maybe not from the 1970s.) But for the most part, these 50 cars will never be anything but design duds.
No comments yet.
Did you see us in the Dallas Morning News Business Section?
Purchase our book synopses from 15minutebusinessbooks.com.
We present two books a month, every month, and make the audio recordings and handouts of our synopses available at our companion site, 15minutebusinessbooks.com
Meet our 2015 Sponsor
Acuity – Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training, are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue throughout 2015. Just click here to visit their website – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2015.
Acuity Upcoming Events — Serious Training for the Serious Sales Professional
• MAXIMIZE YOUR LINKEDIN (Click here for all the details)
$295 per person
(Click here for information about this terrific opportunity)
And, meet our June Charity Sponsor
The Kellermann Foundation is a U.S. Christian non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing resources for health, education, spiritual outreach, and economic empowerment for the benefit of the Batwa pygmies and adjacent communities in southwest Uganda. In 1992, the Batwa were evicted from the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest when it was made a World Heritage Site to protect the endangered mountain gorilla. As hunter/gatherers, the Batwa had no title to land and were given no compensation. As one of the most impoverished people groups on earth, their existence became a major struggle for survival.
American physician Dr. Scott Kellermann and his wife, Carol, began serving as medical missionaries to the Batwa in 2001. The Kellermann Foundation was created to support and expand their work, empowering the Batwa to break the cycle of poverty through the Batwa Development Program, providing healthcare to all residents of the region through Bwindi Community Hospital, and educating nurses at Uganda Nursing School Bwindi. These partner programs address the root causes of extreme poverty and poor health, making a daily difference in thousands of lives in this remote corner of Uganda.
Reading the handout, listening to the recording – it was “…like Power-Reading a Business Book”
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasJune 5th, 20157 days to go.
- Robbie Kellman Baxter: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris: wp.me/pmm68-9JS 2 hours ago
- RT @DerekLidow: Q for the day—what have you abandoned that you wish you had not abandoned? bit.ly/1pv5Ybe @Randy1116 5 hours ago
- Uber is not run by saints; it’s a business, out to make a profit. slate.com/articles/news_… 6 hours ago
- I am in Houston for the first Wardens' Retreat for 2015. Attendance is a bit down, but spirit and participation are both quite high. 6 days ago
- Today's Dallas Morning News has a feature article about the First Friday Book Synopsis. Link; dallasnews.com/business/colum… http://t.co/AbfBiILX5T 2 weeks ago
- Again - it is absurd that Colby Lewis did not get to go 9 innings tonight with an 11-1 Texas lead and fewer than 90 pitches in 8 innings! 3 weeks ago
- The Rangers' Rodriguez should have gone out for the 9th for a complete game. The lead was 7-1, and his pitch count was not high. Absurd. 3 weeks ago
- Don't forget Running for Clean Water on May 9. For information or to register, go to: r4cw.webconnex.com/register http://t.co/dupwDGonDi 3 weeks ago
- Emmanuel Gobillot: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/emmanuel-gobil… 5 hours ago
- Maria Konnikova on “Hacking the Brain: How we might make ourselves smarter in the future” bobmorris.biz/maria-konnikov… 5 hours ago
- Thinkers50 Future Thinkers: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/thinkers50-fut… 5 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 942,166 visits
Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com
- Robbie Kellman Baxter: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Back to Soft Skills – We Always Go Back to the Soft Skills (Insight from an Interview on KERA’s Think)
- Philip Mudd: An interview by Bob Morris
- Maybe David Letterman’s Best Insight – “Lord Knows I’ll Be Screwing UP”
- Your “Why,” Your Massive Transformative Purpose (MTP), might be a Life-and-Death Issue. For Teenagers; for Companies; for You; for Me
- Jeff Wolf: An interview by Bob Morris
- “By Decree of Hitler himself” – Remembering Bonhoeffer, a Noble German, and so many others, on Memorial Day | bonhoefferblog on “By Decree of Hitler himself” – Remembering Bonhoeffer, a Noble German, and so many others, on Memorial Day
- Virginia Cook on “Ghost Readers for the Business Set” – That’s Dallas Morning News’ Cheryl Hall’s Description of the First Friday Book Synopsis