Julia and Julie
Like Water for Chocolate
As films such as these so effectively demonstrate, there are important business lessons to be learned from the preparation of a great meal:
1. Be passionate about the results that you intend to produce.
2. Have a detailed game plan (“recipe”) that allows for improvisation.
3. Use only the very best materials available.
4. Have all ingredients near-at-hand (i.e. Mis en Place).
5. Expect to make mistakes. The most valuable are those from which you learn the most.
6. Preparing as well as eating a great meal should be a delightful multi-sensory experience.
7. Timing is (almost) everything. If you rush or dawdle, you will fail.
8. Take a team approach and involve only those who are zealous about points 1-7.