How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder
Here is a brief excerpt from an article written by Kevin Kruse for CEO.com. To read the completer article, check oyt other resources, please click here.
* * *
Most small and mid-sized business leaders are so busy just executing on a daily basis they don’t get intentional when it comes to crafting their own company culture. This is an important oversight which, once corrected, can accelerate the growth of the business.
The best of company culture I’ve ever encountered comes from entrepreneur, Brett Martin, in an article he wrote in Medium: Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not. You are decisive, communicative and respectful but it’s your culture that helps everyone know how to act when you are out of the room. Give that voice clarity and authority.
So how do you do that? How do you create clarity and be intentional in crafting your culture?
TRX is a fast growing mid-sized company that makes lightweight and affordable training equipment. Former Navy SEAL, Randy Hetrick, started the company to bring to market a suspension strap exercise system he first used while on deployments. Today, their suspension training system is used throughout the military and is a favorite of personal trainers, as well.
When asked about the importance of company culture, Hetrick sounded very much like the Special Ops soldier he once was. “We view our company culture as the glue that holds the many different pieces of our team together. Our culture provides the strength and foundation to operate as a high performing team all around the world.
* * *
To read the complete article, please click here.
Kevin Kruse is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker and serial entrepreneur. His latest book is Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | Brett Martin, CEO.com, Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work, former Navy SEAL Randy Hetrick, How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder, Kevin Kruse, Medium, New York Times bestselling author, Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not, TRX
No comments yet.
Please join us for our three offerings on CHANGE
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – FALL, 2014
Richardson Civic Center – Heights Room
411 W. Arapaho Road – Richardson, Texas
Register early – Seating limited to only 20 persons per session
Wednesday, November 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
MANAGING CHANGE Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Wednesday, November 12 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FROM
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE EXPERTS Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Thursday, November 13 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LEADING CHANGE Facilitator: Karl J. Krayer, Ph.D.
Acuity: Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue for 2014. Visit their website at salesmadeeasy.com – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2014.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasNovember 7th, 201415 days to go.
- Dominant Companies of Yesteryear, No Longer With Us – a Hidden Warning in Walter Cronkite’s 1967 Home Office of the Future
- If creativity, change, and innovation were easy… – Do You Need a Jump-Start? We might be able to help
- Extreme Clearness – Simple and Clear Communication Advice from The Earl of Chesterfield (from Shannon Camberlain)
- Write Your Speech Out Word-for-Word – The Case for Manuscript Speaking
- We All Start at the Beginning – The Question is, “How Far Along are You?”
- Rod Pyle: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Our CHANGE workshop is just around the corner. Please click here for details about our November 12 session: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 2 days ago
- We have a great workshop for you to learn how to cope with or manage change. Click here. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 3 days ago
- Be sure to register soon for our November 12 workshop on Managing Change. Click here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 4 days ago
- We can't wait for our CHANGE workshops on November 12 and 13. Early-bird registration is still available - Click:. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/we-… 5 days ago
- I just published a new blog post about Bob Woodward's 2005 book, The Secret Man. Click here to read it: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/woo… 2 weeks ago
- The Self-Inflicted U.S. Brain Drain bobmorris.biz/the-self-infli… 8 hours ago
- Watch Your Career Soar with 7 Advanced Presentation Tips bobmorris.biz/watch-your-car… 8 hours ago
- Frederic Laloux: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/frederic-lalou… 8 hours ago
- Dominant Companies of Yesteryear, No Longer With Us-a Hidden Warning in Walter Cronkite’s 1967 Home Office of Future: wp.me/pmm68-9hV 1 hour ago
- If creativity, change, and innovation were easy… - Do You Need a Jump-Start? We might be able to help: wp.me/pmm68-9hS 2 hours ago
- Do you Want to Become More Capable? Or, Your Team? - Learn to Conduct Your Own After Action Review(s): wp.me/pmm68-7lP 2 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 848,948 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com