How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder
Here is a brief excerpt from an article written by Kevin Kruse for CEO.com. To read the completer article, check oyt other resources, please click here.
* * *
Most small and mid-sized business leaders are so busy just executing on a daily basis they don’t get intentional when it comes to crafting their own company culture. This is an important oversight which, once corrected, can accelerate the growth of the business.
The best of company culture I’ve ever encountered comes from entrepreneur, Brett Martin, in an article he wrote in Medium: Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not. You are decisive, communicative and respectful but it’s your culture that helps everyone know how to act when you are out of the room. Give that voice clarity and authority.
So how do you do that? How do you create clarity and be intentional in crafting your culture?
TRX is a fast growing mid-sized company that makes lightweight and affordable training equipment. Former Navy SEAL, Randy Hetrick, started the company to bring to market a suspension strap exercise system he first used while on deployments. Today, their suspension training system is used throughout the military and is a favorite of personal trainers, as well.
When asked about the importance of company culture, Hetrick sounded very much like the Special Ops soldier he once was. “We view our company culture as the glue that holds the many different pieces of our team together. Our culture provides the strength and foundation to operate as a high performing team all around the world.
* * *
To read the complete article, please click here.
Kevin Kruse is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker and serial entrepreneur. His latest book is Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | Brett Martin, CEO.com, Employee Engagement for Everyone: 4 Keys to Happiness and Fulfillment at Work, former Navy SEAL Randy Hetrick, How To Make Culture Your Co-Founder, Kevin Kruse, Medium, New York Times bestselling author, Think of culture as a co-founder that is present when you are not, TRX
No comments yet.
Please join us for our three offerings on CHANGE
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – FALL, 2014
Richardson Civic Center – Heights Room
411 W. Arapaho Road – Richardson, Texas
Register early – Seating limited to only 20 persons per session
Wednesday, November 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
MANAGING CHANGE Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Wednesday, November 12 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FROM
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE EXPERTS Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Thursday, November 13 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LEADING CHANGE Facilitator: Karl J. Krayer, Ph.D.
Acuity: Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue for 2014. Visit their website at salesmadeeasy.com – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2014.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasNovember 7th, 20147 days to go.
- Tim Cook Reveals His (Open) Secret – A Moment that Matters
- Karl M. Kapp: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- The Eyes of Madison Bumgarner’s Coach – A Lesson in World-Class Coaching from Dave Righetti, the Coach of the World Series MVP
- What is Your Plan When You Mess Up? – You will Probably Need One at Some Point
- Taylor Swift Seems to Win the Contest at Best at Branding
- Jeff Bloomfield: An interview by Bob Morris
- Do you know someone who fights change when something new is mandated that he or she didn't create? Read here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/ran… 1 week ago
- Our CHANGE workshop is just around the corner. Please click here for details about our November 12 session: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- We have a great workshop for you to learn how to cope with or manage change. Click here. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- Be sure to register soon for our November 12 workshop on Managing Change. Click here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- We can't wait for our CHANGE workshops on November 12 and 13. Early-bird registration is still available - Click:. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/we-… 1 week ago
- Michelle Munson (C.E.O. of Aspera) in “The Corner Office” bobmorris.biz/michelle-munso… 19 hours ago
- Robert Sher: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/robert-sher-pa… 19 hours ago
- Ronald Heifetz on “The harsh realities of effective leadership: when to assert authority & when to lead” bobmorris.biz/ronald-heifetz… 19 hours ago
- Come Out, Come Out: The Tim Cook Moment Is Here on.recode.net/1E6IFIG via @karaswisher 6 hours ago
- On Tim Cook's decision - You get tired of lying. You get tired of hiding. You get tired of not saying. recode.net/2014/10/31/com… 6 hours ago
- RT @suzie_rose: "BBC Sherlock has been cancelled" #ScaryStoriesIn5Words 7 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 852,653 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com