Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasSeptember 5th, 20146 days to go.
- Francis Got It Right 54 Years Ago: wp.me/pmm68-99e via @randy1116 5 days ago
- I am at Washington Lodge tonight. 3 weeks ago
- What is the Value in Ehrman's Books? They Inspire Questions, Not Answers: wp.me/pmm68-95k via @randy1116 1 month ago
- Blair's Book is the Best to Chronicle America's Team's Early Years: wp.me/pmm68-95f via @randy1116 1 month ago
- Onward by Schultz Takes the Prize as Most Enjoyable Book: wp.me/pmm68-959 via @randy1116 1 month ago
- What does a healthy company look like? bobmorris.biz/what-does-a-he… 13 hours ago
- Peace Through Friendship: Worth a Try bobmorris.biz/peace-through-… 23 hours ago
- Brandon Stanton and Four Humans of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo bobmorris.biz/brandon-stanto… 23 hours ago
- Get Rid of the Bad Stuff; the Elements that Work Against You-The Path to Improvement, In Speaking,& Everything Else: wp.me/pmm68-99w 1 day ago
- A Quote for Labor Day – from Walter Reuther: wp.me/pmm68-2J1 1 day ago
- A Few Quotes for Labor Day (Martin Luther King Jr.; Eleanor Roosevelt; John Gardner; and others): wp.me/pmm68-81X 1 day ago
Recent visitor count
- 832,093 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com