Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasSeptember 5th, 20144 days to go.
- John F. Dini: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Get Rid of the Bad Stuff; the Elements that Work Against You – The Path to Improvement, In Speaking, and Just about Everything Else
- Small is Beautiful — You Really Do Need a Small Decision-Making Team/Group
- Carmine Gallo on Talking Like TED: A third interview by Bob Morris
- Easy; Convenient; FAST! – Whole Foods Will No Longer Accept Personal Checks; Checks Slow Things Down
- Francis Got It Right 54 Years Ago
- Francis Got It Right 54 Years Ago: wp.me/pmm68-99e via @randy1116 1 week ago
- I am at Washington Lodge tonight. 3 weeks ago
- What is the Value in Ehrman's Books? They Inspire Questions, Not Answers: wp.me/pmm68-95k via @randy1116 1 month ago
- Blair's Book is the Best to Chronicle America's Team's Early Years: wp.me/pmm68-95f via @randy1116 1 month ago
- Onward by Schultz Takes the Prize as Most Enjoyable Book: wp.me/pmm68-959 via @randy1116 1 month ago
- Julie Myers Wood (chief executive of Guidepost Solutions) in “The Corner Office” bobmorris.biz/julie-myers-wo… 12 hours ago
- Inside Seuss Inc. bobmorris.biz/inside-seuss-i… 12 hours ago
- Marshall Goldsmith on “The Art of Asking Questions” bobmorris.biz/marshall-golds… 1 day ago
- The rate of police killings of black Americans is nearly th same as rate of lynchings n early decades of 20th century theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 5 hours ago
- Simple Finding, &Tool, 2 Dramatically Increase th Effectiveness of Training/Learning-Time at the End for Reflection: wp.me/pmm68-8QY 6 hours ago
- Remember - Beginning, Middle, & End - The True Basics of a Good Speech/Good Presentation: wp.me/pmm68-7z7 9 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 832,521 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com