Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
Please join us for our three offerings on CHANGE
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – FALL, 2014
Richardson Civic Center – Heights Room
411 W. Arapaho Road – Richardson, Texas
Register early – Seating limited to only 20 persons per session
Wednesday, November 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
MANAGING CHANGE Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Wednesday, November 12 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FROM
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE EXPERTS Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Thursday, November 13 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LEADING CHANGE Facilitator: Karl J. Krayer, Ph.D.
Acuity: Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue for 2014. Visit their website at salesmadeeasy.com – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2014.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasNovember 7th, 201414 days to go.
- Randy’s Workshop Shows You How to Cope With Change You Did Not Initiate!
- Dominant Companies of Yesteryear, No Longer With Us – a Hidden Warning in Walter Cronkite’s 1967 Home Office of the Future
- If creativity, change, and innovation were easy… – Do You Need a Jump-Start? We might be able to help
- Extreme Clearness – Simple and Clear Communication Advice from The Earl of Chesterfield (from Shannon Camberlain)
- Write Your Speech Out Word-for-Word – The Case for Manuscript Speaking
- We All Start at the Beginning – The Question is, “How Far Along are You?”
- Do you know someone who fights change when something new is mandated that he or she didn't create? Read here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/ran… 18 minutes ago
- Our CHANGE workshop is just around the corner. Please click here for details about our November 12 session: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 3 days ago
- We have a great workshop for you to learn how to cope with or manage change. Click here. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 4 days ago
- Be sure to register soon for our November 12 workshop on Managing Change. Click here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 5 days ago
- We can't wait for our CHANGE workshops on November 12 and 13. Early-bird registration is still available - Click:. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/we-… 6 days ago
- Being Mortal: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/being-mortal-a… 3 hours ago
- “Our best today; better tomorrow.” bobmorris.biz/our-best-today… 3 hours ago
- “The challenge for leaders is how to keep injecting urgency.” Ratan Tata bobmorris.biz/the-challenge-… 3 hours ago
- RT @ValaAfshar: When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't. —Thomas Edison 3 hours ago
- Seven Questions that Every Business Must Answer – (from Peter Thiel, Zero to One): wp.me/pmm68-9h1 3 hours ago
- We Have Change Covered for You - Our Three Public Workshops: November 12-13: wp.me/pmm68-9g9 3 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 849,242 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com