Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasAugust 1st, 20145 days to go.
- Newest Sandford Prey Book is Different and Not His Best
- From Pope Francis, and W. H. Auden, on a Weekend of Grief
- It’s “Back to Zero” Faster than Ever Before in this Era of Disruption
- Ethics and Trust: An Interview with Robert Hoyk
- Two Pictures, Decades Apart – Too Similar, Too Disconcerting (Reflecting on How Some View the “Other”)
- Apologia as Bonus Program for Hospital Charity on August 1
- Newest Sandford Prey Book is Different and Not His Best: wp.me/pmm68-94G via @randy1116 8 hours ago
- Apologia as Bonus Program for Hospital Charity on August 1: wp.me/pmm68-94i via @randy1116 2 days ago
- Please Like Us on our Facebook Fan Page: wp.me/pmm68-94a via @randy1116 2 days ago
- Be Sure You Know How Your People Learn about Ethics: wp.me/pmm68-93S via @randy1116 4 days ago
- Our Book on Organizing Change Features Three Key Principles: wp.me/pmm68-93N via @randy1116 4 days ago
- Smarter Than You Think: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/smarter-than-y… 19 hours ago
- Reid Hoffman discusses The Alliance with Charlie Rose bobmorris.biz/reid-hoffman-d… 19 hours ago
- What’s Missing in the Great Disruption Debate bobmorris.biz/whats-missing-… 1 day ago
- Kind of in a state of shock - #GeorgeWill quoted Emma Lazarus today... Good for him! ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/giv… 4 hours ago
- Pretty interesting, from Thomas Ricks - Why Am I Moving Left? politico.com/magazine/story… 4 hours ago
- RT @BeschlossDC: Here LBJ & MLK at signing of Voting Rights Act, 49 years ago next month: #LBJL http://t.co/XfTWnZ3g8Y 5 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 823,229 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com