Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way
* * *
Networking is essential to thriving in business.
But if you’re an introvert with a natural aversion to groups and talking with strangers, what can you do? Try these initiatives:
• Focus on individuals. Group interactions can drain introverts. Spend your networking time having one-on-one conversations.
• Rethink how you reach out. Introverts often hesitate to introduce themselves, but social media makes it easier. Reach out via LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Facebook to people before events. This pre-introduction may put you at ease.
• Re-energize. Take time between networking events to recharge. Take a walk or find 30 minutes alone.
Adapted from “An Introvert’s Guide to Networking” by Lisa Petrilli.
To read that article and join the discussion, please click here.
Also, you may wish to check out a book, Management Tips from Harvard Business Review, by clicking here.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | “An Introvert's Guide to Networking”, Harvard Business Review. HBR newsletters, Introverts: How to Network in Your Own Way, Lisa Petrilli, Management Tip of the Day
No comments yet.
Please join us for our three offerings on CHANGE
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – FALL, 2014
Richardson Civic Center – Heights Room
411 W. Arapaho Road – Richardson, Texas
Register early – Seating limited to only 20 persons per session
Wednesday, November 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
MANAGING CHANGE Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Wednesday, November 12 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FROM
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE EXPERTS Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Thursday, November 13 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LEADING CHANGE Facilitator: Karl J. Krayer, Ph.D.
Acuity: Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue for 2014. Visit their website at salesmadeeasy.com – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2014.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasNovember 7th, 201417 days to go.
- A Modest Suggestion for Peyton Manning When He Retires (at, probably, the age of 75) – Become the Health Care Drill Instruction Czar
- “Now is the Time” is the Appeal – But “The Time” is so Slow in Coming – (Thoughts prompted by Jorge Ramos’s book, A Country for All)
- Greed is Good; Greed is Not Good — Some Thoughts about a Pretty Big Issue
- There Are Times When a “Pull-Away” Learning Experience Can Make a Huge Difference – We’ve Got Some “Change and Innovation” Workshops for You to Consider
- Seven Questions that Every Business Must Answer – (from Peter Thiel, Zero to One)
- Robert Sher: Part 1 of an interview by Bob Morris
- Our CHANGE workshop is just around the corner. Please click here for details about our November 12 session: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 20 hours ago
- We have a great workshop for you to learn how to cope with or manage change. Click here. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 day ago
- Be sure to register soon for our November 12 workshop on Managing Change. Click here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 3 days ago
- We can't wait for our CHANGE workshops on November 12 and 13. Early-bird registration is still available - Click:. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/we-… 3 days ago
- I just published a new blog post about Bob Woodward's 2005 book, The Secret Man. Click here to read it: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/woo… 2 weeks ago
- A Refresher on Storytelling 101 bobmorris.biz/a-refresher-on… 21 hours ago
- The Cleveland Clinic Way: A book review by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/the-cleveland-… 21 hours ago
- Redefining capitalism bobmorris.biz/redefining-cap… 21 hours ago
- Do you Want to Become More Capable? Or, Your Team? - Learn to Conduct Your Own After Action Review(s): wp.me/pmm68-7lP 4 hours ago
- A Modest Suggestion 4 Peyton Manning When He Retires (probably age 75)– Become th Health Care Drill Instruction Czar: wp.me/pmm68-9hl 14 hours ago
- Never Speak with your Back to the Audience – One of Three Use-of-Powerpoint Suggestions: wp.me/pmm68-6mS 16 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 848,347 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com