McKinsey conversations with global leaders: Paul Polman of Unilever
Here is another outstanding interview in the McKinsey Conversations with Global Leaders series. To watch the conversation in a video interactive, or download a PDF of the transcript, please click here.
* * *
Unilever’s chief executive reflects on lessons learned at three major consumer goods companies, including how to manage people in a global context, the obligations corporations have to society, and why you should never waste a good crisis.
Source: Operations Practice
When Paul Polman took on the role of CEO of Unilever in January 2009, during the eye of the financial storm, he brought with him years of experience from holding high positions at both P&G and Nestlé. Polman’s move to Unilever now gives him the rare vantage point of one who’s served as an executive at three of the world’s largest fast-moving consumer goods companies.
In this video, the latest in our interview series McKinsey conversations with global leaders, Polman reflects on the opportunities and challenges of being a new CEO in volatile times, the importance he places on corporate social responsibility and values-based management, and the future he sees ahead for the consumer goods industry. Adam Bird, a director in McKinsey’s Munich office, conducted this interview in London in September 2009.
Watch the conversation in the McKinsey video interactive, or read the transcript below, by clicking here.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - Posted by Bob Morris | Bob's blog entries | Adam Bird, McKinsey Conversations with Global Leaders series, McKinsey conversations with global leaders: Paul Polman of Unilever, Nestle, P&G, the future for the consumer goods industry, the importance he places on corporate social responsibility and values-based management, the opportunities and challenges of being a new CEO in volatile times
No comments yet.
Please join us for our three offerings on CHANGE
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – FALL, 2014
Richardson Civic Center – Heights Room
411 W. Arapaho Road – Richardson, Texas
Register early – Seating limited to only 20 persons per session
Wednesday, November 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
MANAGING CHANGE Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Wednesday, November 12 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FROM
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE EXPERTS Facilitator: Randy Mayeux
Thursday, November 13 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LEADING CHANGE Facilitator: Karl J. Krayer, Ph.D.
Acuity: Redefining Sales Cultures
Tom Niesen and his team, through Acuity Systems and Sandler Training are ready to help you improve your sales process and increase revenue for 2014. Visit their website at salesmadeeasy.com – and then, let Acuity help you improve your sales effectiveness in 2014.
- First Friday Book Synopsis in DallasNovember 7th, 20147 days to go.
- Tim Cook Reveals His (Open) Secret – A Moment that Matters
- Karl M. Kapp: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris
- The Eyes of Madison Bumgarner’s Coach – A Lesson in World-Class Coaching from Dave Righetti, the Coach of the World Series MVP
- What is Your Plan When You Mess Up? – You will Probably Need One at Some Point
- Taylor Swift Seems to Win the Contest at Best at Branding
- Jeff Bloomfield: An interview by Bob Morris
- Do you know someone who fights change when something new is mandated that he or she didn't create? Read here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/ran… 1 week ago
- Our CHANGE workshop is just around the corner. Please click here for details about our November 12 session: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- We have a great workshop for you to learn how to cope with or manage change. Click here. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- Be sure to register soon for our November 12 workshop on Managing Change. Click here: ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/lea… 1 week ago
- We can't wait for our CHANGE workshops on November 12 and 13. Early-bird registration is still available - Click:. ffbsccn.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/we-… 1 week ago
- Michelle Munson (C.E.O. of Aspera) in “The Corner Office” bobmorris.biz/michelle-munso… 9 hours ago
- Robert Sher: Part 2 of an interview by Bob Morris bobmorris.biz/robert-sher-pa… 9 hours ago
- Ronald Heifetz on “The harsh realities of effective leadership: when to assert authority & when to lead” bobmorris.biz/ronald-heifetz… 9 hours ago
- we have a criminal justice system that treats you better if you’re rich and guilty than if you’re poor and innocent. nytimes.com/2014/11/09/boo… 1 hour ago
- Tim Cook Reveals His (Open) Secret - A Moment that Matters: wp.me/pmm68-9j9 1 hour ago
- Embrace tough assignments - Indra Nooyi businessinsider.com/pepsi-ceo-indr… 2 hours ago
Recent visitor count
- 852,518 visits
- Site created and maintained by Dallas website design company bigDwebsitedesign.com